Monday, August 28, 2017

Gifts of the Holy Spirit


Bookmark and Share



The Holy Spirit is NOT:

*Skeptical
*Critical
*Suspicious
*Superstitious
*Controlling
*Prideful
*Accusational
*Irrational
*Fearful
*Manipulative
*Spooky
*Lacking in Compassion

THE MOVE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS ALWAYS HINGED ON:
*LOVE
*UNITY

So, if you ever feel yourself desiring to tell someone what you think or when you desire to cast a demon out of someone, be sure to sift your intentions through God's litmus test first.

Ask yourself some questions like this:

*Will my Word of Knowledge, Word of Wisdom, Prophecy, prayer, correction, comment, conversation or judgement bring healing or will it put negative thoughts into someone's mind that could damage their self-esteem?

*Is my "motive" for speaking into this person's life pure, loving, encouraging, and edifying?

*Has that person given me permission to speak into their life? 
(Some things that God may reveal to you cannot be told.)

*Am I approaching this person in LOVE without placing condemnation upon their head?

*Am I speaking in accordance with God's promises or am I speaking out of my own past failures?!?
(ALWAYS speak according to God's promises or say nothing at all!)

*Am I bringing correction with a wrong motive and calling it LOVE?
(If you have a Spirit of Jealousy operating in your life, you may seek to correct someone and call it love when your motive is not pure. This will only bring division.)

*Do I believe that God wants to heal them, lift them up, elevate them, promote them, grow them, inspire them, teach them, etc.?
(If not, ask God to help you love that person like Jesus loves them before ever offering correction.)

*When I am praying deliverance over someone or offering godly counsel, am I rebuking the Tormenting Spirit so that the person can get free or am I rebuking the person?

*Is my intention to set the captive free or to elevate myself?

*If I have been exhausted by someone's behavior, is it time for me to shake the dust from my feet and move on?

*If someone clearly has a demon, am I willing and able to help them get free even if it means that my reputation may be on the line?

*Am I clearly seeing demonic activity or am I over-reacting and calling all ungodly behavior a demon?

*Am I giving the devil too much credit or am I rightfully dividing situations so that God can show me the spirit realm for the sake of His Kingdom coming to earth?

*Do I fully believe that God loves ALL PEOPLE and wants ALL PEOPLE to be saved, spirit-filled, delivered, healed, prospering, etc.?
(If not, ask God to increase your faith FOR OTHERS before ministering with a Word of Wisdom, Word of Knowledge, Gifts of Healing or Prophecy.)

*Am I attaching my faith to theirs?
(Some people do not believe in healing, do not want to be healed, do not think God can, or will, heal them. Some people don't believe in deliverance, don't want to be delivered, don't think that God can, or will, deliver them. Some people don't believe in prosperity, don't want to prosper, and they don't believe that God wants them to prosper. Find out what they are praying and believing God for and then PRAY FOR THEM IN AGREEMENT. If they will allow you to speak into their life, gently teach them about healing, deliverance, prosperity, and so on before praying the prayer of faith. Always agree. The Bible says where 2 or more AGREE.)

*If a situation requires an open rebuke or stern correction, is this the right environment? Is this the right time? Is this God's heart? Is this to snatch them out of harms way or is this to condemn them? Is this solely for their benefit and not for my own peace of mind?

Note:

*If someone truly needs correcting because their activity is going to bring them death, divorce, separation, humiliation, harm to the church body, shame, injury, harm to someone else, etc., seek confirmation from the Lord before approaching them with harsh judgements. Ask the Holy Spirit how you can minister in a loving way.

GALATIANS 5:13-15 (KJV)
"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by LOVE serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another."

MATTHEW 7:3-5 (NIV)
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

MATTHEW 18:15-17 (NLT) -
Correcting Another Believer Who Sins Against You
“If another believer SINS AGAINST YOU, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. But if you are unsuccessful, take one or two others with you and go back again, so that everything you say may be confirmed by two or three witnesses. If the person still refuses to listen, take your case to the church. Then if he or she won’t accept the church’s decision, treat that person as a pagan or a corrupt tax collector."

www.DeborahRossMinistries.org 

2017 - Deborah Ross

No comments: