From the Save It! Marriage Bible Study
2 Chronicles 16:9
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.
I love the scripture verse above! God is looking for someone to bless! I've got my hand up, saying, "Lord, please choose me!"
What about you? Are you seeking to get your heart and mind to agree with God, so that you will be perfect toward Him? Friend, He wants to show Himself strong in your situation!
Today's lesson is a quick overview from my Save It Marriage Bible Study of how we can – and should – get our heart and mind to fully agree with God.
So... how do we get our heart and mind to agree with God?
The simple answer to this question is, of course, by studying His Word! Not by reading a lot of Bible study devotionals. Not by solely living off of what the preacher, teacher, prophet, apostle or evangelist have said. And, not by simply reading over the Word of God. No, scripture says that we are to study the scriptures while pondering or meditating upon every word. In doing so, the Word of God transforms our hearts and minds, thus, allowing the Holy Spirit to teach us exactly what it is that God is saying to us right now. He wants to communicate truths that will help each of us in our daily lives... right now!
We should always approach His Word with an open slate saying, "Holy Spirit, teach me." If we have a true desire to break away from generational curses, we cannot go to God's Word while determining to hold fast to our own erroneous ideas about His precepts. We should never try to find scripture that supports our personal belief system BUT RATHER find God's truths that change our minds about our personal belief system.
As born-again believer's who should become more like Christ everyday, we must cultivate a humble and willing attitude that seeks to know God's Kingdom mysteries – precept upon precept – realizing that He will not force us to do so. In addition, we should never base our faith in God, nor form an opinion about God's will, upon the foundation of our personal experiences. Instead, our faith in God should be solely hinged upon His Word - His Commands - His Promises - His Holiness.
In looking at some basic fundamentals of How to Break Generational Curses, or better said, How to Live in Generational Blessings, I'd like to offer you a brief outline to the question...
"How do we break destructive, dysfunctional cycles that seem to be passed from one generation to another in our family tree?"
The outline below is NOT exhaustive; BUT it will get you started on the right path to healing and wholeness.
1) You must PASS THE TEST! What test? Whatever test life presents to you. You must fight to win the battle according to God's promises. Isaiah 48:10 & 1 Peter 1:7
2) Agree to lay your life down for the cause of Christ. Rev. 12:11 & Galatians 2:20 & John 12:24
3) Separate yourself and come our from among them (could be family or family traditions & beliefs). 2 Corinthians 6:17 & Matthew 19:29
4) Repent from ALL known sin... CHANGE YOUR MIND! 1 Kings 8:47-51 & Acts 2:38 & Acts 3:19 & Psalm 51:10
5) Identify and renounce ALL known curses and their origin (the root cause)... decide in your heart and mind to never again make up excuses or exemptions for you or your family members being disobedient to God's word. (Note: You do NOT need to try and "fix" your extended family members. Your job is to LOVE THEM, but not accept their value system if it does not agree with the word of the Lord.) 2 Corinthians 10:5-6 &
6) Do things God's way... IN LOVE! 1 Corinthians 13:8
7) Seek BALANCE in your understanding of God's word... RIGHTLY DIVIDE THE WORD OF TRUTH... find the sweet spot in your belief system! 2 Timothy 2:15
8) Trust in God's LOVE and POWER to set you and your household FREE! Romans 5:8-9
9) Drive out iniquity with the TRUTH applied in LOVE. Psalm 109:14 & Ezekiel 3:18 & Matthew 23:28
10) Pull down STRONGHOLDS in your mind that hinders you from understanding God's Kingdom principles. 2 Corinthians 10:4
11) Stop trying to qualify God's word according to your life experience. Deut. 5:33 & Joshua 22:5
12) Cast away all religious dogma (sayings, questionable denominational beliefs, unbalanced truth, etc.) and seek the BALANCED TRUTH straight from God's word. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. Colossians 2:8 & 1 Timothy 4:1
13) Change your mind about sickness, disease, poverty, addictions and shortcomings of any kind. Just because it is a fact, does not mean it is God's will... nor does it mean that it is God's truth concerning that situation. Exodus 15:26 & Psalm 103:3 & Deut. 28 & Luke 6:19
14) Don't be a rebel against the ways of God or the teachings of God or the holiness of God. - 1 Samuel 15:23 "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king."
GOD LOVES YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND HE WANTS YOU WHOLE!
FOR MORE ON TODAY'S MINI LESSON...
Invite Deborah Ross to speak at your church or event.
Consider one of these conferences...
Please check out my website and let us know how we can serve at your location!
Deborah Ross Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 2186
Indian Trail, NC 28079