Friday, October 21, 2016

Clean House!




I did it! I cleaned out 36 years of files (mostly from my dance studio days 1979-2000). I FINALLY threw away forms, old thank you cards, newspaper articles, photos, and other memorabilia that was cluttering my closet. It was an entire day of reminiscing and ciphering through the past.

One thing I found out about myself was that my core expectations for excellence have not changed over the years. In looking through the paperwork of business protocol for my dance studios throughout those early 20 years, the thing that stood out to me was the sincere love of duty, the constant pattern of setting standards, and the theme of absolute devotion.

I found hundreds of "thank you" cards that warmed my heart again - all these years later! And, I even found one or two notes that were not so nice then, and surprisingly, just as painful - still today. Let me quickly say that I am the chiefest of sinners. So, for anyone that I ever hurt through a written letter, please accept my deepest apology. Immaturity does regretful things.

Ok... so I just had to post a photo of the final box of nostalgia that has a "few" things from that time period that I am still "hanging onto." Yes, I've got a dumpster full of what was purged, but I did keep one "little" box of sentiments - just because.

So... YAY... I've cleaned the clutter. The past will always remain in my heart and mind... but not in my file cabinet or closet.

Free at last!


~~~~~~~~~

1 Peter 2:1-3 The Message (MSG)

So clean house! Make a clean sweep of malice and pretense, envy and hurtful talk. You’ve had a taste of God. Now, like infants at the breast, drink deep of God’s pure kindness. Then you’ll grow up mature and whole in God.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: